Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Christmas Photo Display with Erin Quiding-Sampson


Hi everyone, today I’m sharing a Christmas photo display. It can be hung on the wall or leaned on a shelf to show some of your favourite photos.
 
(I always like to lay everything out before I start to get an idea of the layout)
I started with the 9-hole square tray, I coloured both the background and frame using a combination of different coloured sprays and daubers. I keep the darker shades to the outer edges and light, towards the center of the tray. I wanted it to look like a winter night sky.
While the tray was drying, I gave a coat of white gesso to all the snowflakes and the Christmas scroll.  When those were dry, I did a very light spray of turquoise blue and allowed that to dry too.
After I looked at it I felt like it needed some more contrast, so I added splotches of metallic silver to the background.
When I was happy with the colours and placement, I used Matte Gel Medium to adhere everything into place.
My only task now, is to figure out which photos to display…

Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:

Other Supplies Used:

Thank you so much for looking,
Erin


1 comment: