Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Christmas Tree Set with Erin Quiding Sampson

Karen and I are excited to share with you and welcome Erin Quiding Sampson to our Design Team! We are thrilled to have Erin join our design team. Make sure to stop by her blog to see more of her wonderful creations. 
 Read below as Erin shares with you her Christmas Tree Set project.

*****************************************


I’m thrilled to share my very first project, for the SRTC design team. I’ve used 3 packages of the Scribble Triangle Tree Set to create a Christmas décor piece. 


This would make a great gift and look great on the mantle, a side table, or as part of a gorgeous centre piece.


The first step is to lightly coat one side of each triangle and a 3” by 9 1/4” piece of chipboard with gesso. Set aside until dry. using a small container to mix together 1-part pearl ex in the colour super russet to 2 parts holographic embossing powder. 


Using a VersaMark stamp pad, stamp over the now dried gesso on the triangles. Cover the triangle with the embossing mixture. Tap off excess powder, then melt with your heat gun. Do the same for the remaining triangles, then set aside.

I used white snowflake shaped brads that I held with tweezers dipped the top on the VersaMark stamp pad then dipped the brad into the holographic embossing powder. 


I then melted the powder with the heat gun and quickly, while still hot, dipped it into the powder and melted second and 3rd time until I felt the brad was well coated and shone nicely. Repeat with the other 2 brads.


 Next, I used a glue pen to adhere vellum, to the backside of each triangle. Gather together each of the small, medium and large triangles. Use a glue gun to run a bead of glue down the long side of one triangle, press a second edge to edge, run another bead down the second piece and press the 3rd triangle into place, glue the first and the 3rd pieces together to create a tree shape. Create 2 more trees with the remaining triangles.


I created the base by coving the large chipboard piece with a liquid glue and then pouring fake snow over the top. Press down and allow to dry for a minute. Shake off excess snow, then fill in spots I felt needed more by adding a little more liquid glue and more snow.
I then turned the board over, using a exacto knife I created 3 equally spaced holes down the center to feed the battery-operated lights into. The string of lights had 10 LED’s on it. I chose to put 4 into the large tree, and 3 into the medium and small trees. Tape or glue the lights to the bottom of the board to keep in place.


I then added iridescent pearls down each of the 3 sides of the trees and around the edge of the base.


Stick the brad fasteners into the top of each tree and adhere with hot glue, before placing it on the board. Once I was happy with the placement, I used hot glue to adhere the trees to the board.


Turn the lights on and enjoy!


Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Thanks for joining me today!
- Erin 




















1 comment: