Thursday, August 31, 2017

Adventure - Hiking in Elkwater with Charlene Byrd

Hello Bloggers!

Charlene here! I can’t believe that we are at the end of August already! I’m sad to see summer go but I love fall, so bring it on! Our family loved camping in the fall, I especially did when when the kids were young, the campgrounds are always so quite. This picture was taken at one of our favourite campsites in Alberta called Elkwater. We loved hiking up in the hills; in this picture our campsite was at the bottom of the hill we’re standing on. Now you may be wondering ‘why are the boys wearing helmets if they were hiking?’ Well, my husband was a little obsessed with safety! Hehe! (Wear your helmets just in case you fall)


To begin creating the Adventure word I used a pallet knife to randomly add some Tim Holtz Distress Grit Paste. You must allow this to dry before moving on.


Once it was dry I used my foam blending tool and added some Walnut Stain Distress Ink to the top. I love how the ink is darker on the spots where I did not have any paste.


I loved the texture of the wood gear pieces so I didn’t want to completely cover them with any colour. So I just lightly added some Walnut Stain Distress ink to all of them.


I wanted the clock and the abstract circle frame to stand out on the page so I added Walnut Stain Distress Stain to both of them.




Southern Ridge Trading Company Products used:


Other Products used:

- Bo Bunny paper
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Distress Grit Paste, Walnut Distress Stain and Walnut Stain Distress Ink
- Alpha sticker letters

Thanks so much for joining me today! Happy Creating!

Charlene





No comments:

Post a Comment